Landlord Gas Certificates

Did you know that as a residential landlord, you are responsible for the safety of your tenants? These responsibilities include:

  • Boiler maintenance and repair of Flues
  • Maintenance and repair of Gas appliances
  • Annual Gas safety checks, and
  • Provision of a Carbon Monoxide tester

Whether you are a Landlord with one ‘Buy-To-Let’ or a property agent managing hundreds, Home Team can ensure you stay legal and more importantly, your tenants remain safe.

As part of our Landlord services we will inspect all gas appliances at the property, complete the relevant tests and issue a Landlord safety Inspection Certificate to you and your tenant demonstrating the condition of the appliances. We will also notify you of any potential problems and ways to solve them quickly.

From October 2015 all tenanted properties MUST be fitted with a Carbon Monoxide tester in each room where a gas appliance is situated. For example; if your boiler is located in the Kitchen together with a gas hob then you will require 1 Carbon Monoxide tester to be correctly installed in the room. If you have an additional gas fire located in a different part of the property, then you will require a 2nd tester to be installed.

If you are unsure of your responsibilities then contact us on 0800 644 6750 for more information on how we can help you keep your tenants safe.